Center & Institute Affiliations
Tyler Derreth, PhD, researches critical pedagogy, equitable teaching and learning practices, and university-community partnerships to advance justice in education and communities.
Experiences & Accomplishments
Honors & Awards
- Derreth, R. T., Jones, V. C., and Levin, M. B. (2021). “Preparing public health professionals to address social injustices through critical service-learning." Pedagogy in Health Promotion. https://doi.org/10.1177%2F23733799211007183
- Derreth, R. T. and Wear, M. (2021). “Critical online service-learning pedagogy: Justice in science education.” Journal of Microbiology and Biology Education, 22(1).
- Derreth, R. T. and Lee, K. (2021). “Teaching and the art of letting go.” Hybrid Pedagogy. https://hybridpedagogy.org/teaching-and-the-art-of-letting-go/
- Ortagus, J., & Derreth, R. T. (2020). “Like having a tiger by the tail”: A qualitative analysis of the provision of online education in higher education. Teachers College Record, 122(2), 1-32.
- Derreth, R. T. (2018). Addressing the problem with service: Community formation, democratization, and community based learning pedagogy. Eds. T York, B. Tinkler, & A. Tinkler. Service-Learning to Advance Access & Success: Bridging Institutional and Community Capacity.