Lori Heise, PhD, is an expert on gender equity, social change, women’s economic and social empowerment, and preventing violence against women and children in the family.
Experiences & Accomplishments
Honors & Awards
- Lori Heise, Margaret E Greene, Neisha Opper, Maria Stavropoulou, Caroline Harper, Marcos Nascimento, Debrework Zewdie. Gender Inequality and Restrictive Gender Norms: Framing the Challenges to Health. The Lancet. 2019; 393:2440-54.
- Stern E, Heise L, McClean L. "The ‘Doing’ and ‘Undoing’ of Male Household Decision-Making and Economic Authority in Rwanda and its Implications for Gender Transformative Programming" Culture, Health and Sexuality. 01 Dec 2017. doi: 10.1080/13691058.2017.1404642.
- Buller AM, Peterman A, Ranganathan M, Bleile A, Hidrobo M, Heise L. A mixed methods review of cash transfers and intimate partner violence in low and middle-income countries. World Bank Research Observer (2018) 33(2):1-41.
- Beniamino Cislaghi, Lori Heise. 2019. Gender norms and social norms: differences, similarities and why they matter in prevention science. Sociology of Health and Illness 42(2): 1-16. DOI: 10.1111/1467-9566.13008
- Heise L and Kotsadam A. Exploring cross-national and multi-level correlates of partner violence: A test of the gender hypothesis. Lancet Global Health. 2015 Jun: 3(6):e332-40.