Center & Institute Affiliations
Maternal, newborn, and child health outcomes; Pediatric respiratory health; Routine immunization programs in developing countries; Vaccine epidemiology; Vaccine decisionmaking; Migrant health and public health practice; Post-conflict and low-income settings; Systems modeling; Mentorship and pedagogy
Experiences & Accomplishments
Johns Hopkins Bloomberg School of Public Health
Loma Linda University
Saint Mary's University of Minnesota
Selected recent publications
- Schuh HB, Hooli S**, Ahmed S, King C, Makwenda C, Roy AD, Lufesi N, Islam AA, Mvalo T, Chowdhury NH, Ginsburg AS, Colbourn T, Checkley W, Baqui AH, McCollum ED (In Peer Review). Development and internal validation of a clinical hypoxemia score for outpatient child pneumonia care lacking pulse oximetry in Bangladesh and Malawi: pooled analysis. doi: https://doi.org/10.1101/2023.02.25.23286448. **co-first author.
- McCollum ED, Ahmed S, Roy AD, Islam ASMD A, Schuh HB, King C, Hooli S, Quaiyum A, Ginsburg AS, Checkley W, Baqui AB (2023). Risk and accuracy of outpatient-identified hypoxemia for death among suspect child pneumonia cases in rural Bangladesh: a multi-facility cohort study. The Lancet Respiratory Medicine.
- Miller RL, Schuh H, Chandran A, Aris IM, Bendixsen C, Blossom J, Breton C, …, Johnson CC (2023). Incidence rates of childhood asthma with recurrent exacerbations in the U.S. Environmental Influences on Child Health Outcomes (ECHO) program. Journal of Allergy and Clinical Immunology.
- Salmon DA, Schuh HB, Sargent RH, Konja A, Harvey SA, Laurie S, Mai BS, Weakland LF, Lavery JV, Orenstein WA, Breiman RF (2022). Impact of vaccine pause due to Thrombosis with thrombocytopenia syndrome (TTS) following vaccination with the Ad26.COV2.S vaccine manufactured by Janssen/Johnson & Johnson on vaccine hesitancy and acceptance among the unvaccinated population. PLOS ONE. PONE-D-21-31007R2.
- Schuh HB, Merritt M, Igusa T, Lee B, Peters DH (2017). Examining the structure and behavior of Afghanistan’s routine immunization system using system dynamics modeling. International Journal for Health Governance. Hickler B, MacDonald NE, Senouci K, Schuh HB (2017). Efforts to monitor global progress on individual and community demand for immunization: Development of definitions and indicators for the Global Vaccine Action Plan Strategic Objective 2. Vaccine.