Mariana Socal, MD, PhD '17, studies ways to make the US pharmaceutical market more competitive, delivering drugs of greater value for lower costs to the American people.
Experiences & Accomplishments
Honors & Awards
- Socal MP, Greene JA. Interchangeable Insulins - New Pathways for Safe, Effective, Affordable Diabetes Therapy. N Engl J Med. 2020 Mar 12;382(11):981-983.
- Socal MP, Bai G, Anderson GF. Factors Associated With Prescriptions for Branded Medications in the Medicare Part D Program. JAMA Netw Open. 2021 Mar 1;4(3):e210483. doi: 10.1001/jamanetworkopen.2021.0483.
- Socal MP, Anderson GF. The Role of Advance Purchasing Commitments in Government Drug Price Negotiations: Lessons From the COVID-19 Response. Am J Public Health. 2021 Apr;111(4):652-657. doi: 10.2105/AJPH.2020.306109.
- Socal MP, Anderson GF Older Americans' Preferences Between Lower Drug Prices and Prescription Drug Plan Choice, 2019. Am J Public Health. 2020 Mar;110(3):354-356.
- Socal MP, Sharfstein JM, Greene JA. The Pandemic and the Supply Chain: Gaps in Pharmaceutical Production and Distribution. Am J Public Health. 2021 Apr;111(4):635-639.