615 N. Wolfe Street, Room E6543
causal inference; confounding; decomposition; epidemiology; health disparities; instrumental variable; interaction; intersectionality; mediation-analysis; mental health; meta-analysis; pharmacoepidemiology; psychotropics; diagnostics; observational-study; time-varying exposure; translational research; transparency
Experiences & Accomplishments
University of Maryland, Baltimore County
My methods research focuses on: (1) developing methods to help identify, refine, and evaluate interventions to eliminate health and healthcare disparities (2) developing methods to improve the transparency and conduct of observational studies and post-hoc analyses of clinical trials.
Honors & Awards
2018 Discovery Award Grant, Johns Hopkins University 2018 Exemplary peer reviewer for Epidemiology 2017 Honorable mention, Thomas Ten Have Award, Atlantic Causal Inference Conference 2016 Kenneth Rothman Prize for best paper published in Epidemiology 2016 Top peer reviewer for Pharmacoepidemiology and Drug Safety 2015 Travel award to attend the 48th Annual Meeting of Society for Epidemiologic Research 2014 Top-ranked abstract and selected for live presentation, 4th Society for Epidemiologic Research Digital Web Conference 2014 Travel Award to attend the 30th International Conference on Pharmacoepidemiology 2014 Alonzo Smythe Yerby Fellowship, Harvard T.H. Chan School of Public Health 2013 Best overall poster, 46th Society for Epidemiologic Research Annual Meeting 2013 Best student poster, 46th Society for Epidemiologic Research Annual Meeting 2002 Phi Beta Kappa, University of Maryland Baltimore County 2002 Meyerhoff & MARC U* STAR Scholar, University of Maryland Baltimore County
- Jackson JW, VanderWeele TJ. Decomposition Analysis to Identify Intervention Targets for Reducing Disparities. Epidemiology. 2018 Nov;29(6):825-835.
- Jackson JW, Williams DR, VanderWeele TJ. Disparities at the Intersection of Marginalized Groups. Social Psychiatry and Psychiatric Epidemiology. 2016;51(10):1349-1359.
- Jackson JW. Explaining Intersectionality through Description, Counterfactual Thinking, and Mediation Analysis. Social Psychiatry and Psychiatric Epidemiology. 2017;52(7):785-793.
- Jackson JW. Diagnostics for Confounding of Time-varying and Other Joint Exposures. Epidemiology. 2016;27(6):859-869.
- Jackson JW, Garcia-Albeniz X. Studying the Effects of Nonindicated Medications on Cancer: Etiologic versus Action-Focused Analysis of Epidemiologic Data. Cancer Epidemiology Biomarkers & Prevention. 2018;27(5):520-524.