Trang Quynh Nguyen, PhD '14, MHS '14, MS, uses causal inference methods to contribute to sound and effective research on physical and mental health and social justice.
Experiences & Accomplishments
- Nguyen, T. Q., Webb-Vargas, Y., Koning, I. M., & Stuart, E. A. (2016). Causal Mediation Analysis With a Binary Outcome and Multiple Continuous or Ordinal Mediators: Simulations and Application to an Alcohol Intervention. Structural Equation Modeling: A Multidisciplinary Journal, 23(3), 368–383. doi:10.1080/10705511.2015.1062730
- Nguyen, T. Q., Bandeen-Roche, K., German, D., Nguyen, N. T. T., Bass, J. K., & Knowlton, A. R. (2016). Negative Treatment by Family as a Predictor of Depressive Symptoms, Life Satisfaction, Suicidality, and Tobacco/Alcohol Use in Vietnamese Sexual Minority Women. LGBT Health, 00(00), lgbt.2015.0017. doi:10.1089/lgbt.2015.0017
- Nguyen, T. Q., Poteat, T., Bandeen-roche, K., German, D., Nguyen, Y. H., Vu, L. K.-C., … Knowlton, A. R. (2016). The Internalized Homophobia Scale for Vietnamese sexual minority women: Conceptualization, factor structure, reliability, and associations with hypothesized correlates. Archives of Sexual Behavior. doi:10.1007/s10508-016-0694-6
- Nguyen, T. Q., & Blum, R. W. (2014). Homosexuality tolerance among male and female Vietnamese youth: An examination of traditional sexual values, self-esteem and demographic/contextual characteristics. Journal of Adolescent Health, 55(6), 823–829. doi:10.1016/j.jadohealth.2014.07.11
- Nguyen, T. Q., Weir, B. W., Des Jarlais, D. C., Pinkerton, S. D., & Holtgrave, D. R. (2014). Syringe exchange in the United States: A national level economic evaluation of hypothetical increases in investment. AIDS and Behavior, 18(11), 2144–55. doi:10.1007/s10461-014-0789-9