Allison West, PhD, MSW, focuses on applied and interdisciplinary research across multiple sectors within early childhood systems – health, education, and social services.
Experiences & Accomplishments
Honors & Awards
- West, A., Duggan, A., Gruss, K., & Minkovitz, C. (2021). Service coordination to address maternal mental health, partner violence, and substance use: findings from a national survey of home visiting programs. Prevention Science, 1-12.
- West, A. L., Dauber, S., Gagliardi, L., *Correll, L., Lilli, A. C., & Daniels, J. (2020). Systematic review of community-and home-based interventions to support parenting and reduce risk of child maltreatment among families with substance-exposed newborns. Child Maltreatment, 25(2), 137-151.
- West, A., Gagliardi, L., Gatewood, A., Higman, S., Daniels, J., O’Neill, K., & Duggan, A. (2018). Randomized trial of a training program to improve home visitor communication around sensitive topics. Maternal and Child Health Journal, 1-9.
- West, A., Duggan, A. K., Gruss, K., & Minkovitz, C. S. (2018). Creating a measurement framework for service coordination in maternal and early childhood home visiting: An evidence-informed, expert process. Children and Youth Services Review, 89, 289-297.
- West, A., Duggan, A. K., Gruss, K., & Minkovitz, C. S. (2020). The Role of State Context in Promoting Service Coordination in Maternal, Infant, and Early Childhood Home Visiting Programs. Journal of Public Health Management and Practice, 26(1), E9-E18. West, A. L., Berlin, L. J., & Harden, B. J. (2018). Occupational stress and well-being among Early Head Start home visitors: A mixed methods study. Early Childhood Research Quarterly, 44, 288-303.