Lorraine T. Dean, ScD, is a social epidemiologist who examines how privilege and disadvantage influence chronic disease, and teaches an award-winning course on the topic.
Experiences & Accomplishments
Honors & Awards
- Dean LT, Hillier A, Chau H, Subramanian SV, Williams DR, Kawachi, I. Can you party your way to better health? A Propensity Score Analysis of Block Parties and Health. Social Science & Medicine. Elsevier, 138: 201-209, August 2015. doi:10.1016/j.socscimed.2015.06.019. PMCID: PMC4500646 PMID: 26117555
- Dean LT & Moss SL, McCarthy AM, Armstrong KA. Healthcare system distrust, physician trust, and patient discordance with adjuvant breast cancer treatment recommendations. Cancer, Epidemiology, Biomarkers and Prevention. [Online first] September 2017. PMID: 28971987 DOI: 10.1158/1055-9965.EPI-17-0479
- Dean LT, Montgomery MC, Raifman J, Nunn A, Bertrand T, Almonte A, Chan PA. The affordability of providing STD services at a safety-net clinic. American Journal of Preventive Medicine. pii: S0749-3797(17)30748-1, January 2018. PMID: 29397280 PMCID: PMC5860994 DOI: 10.1016/j.amepre.2017.12.016
- Dean LT, Moss SL, Ransome Y, Frasso-Jaramillo L, Zhang Y, Visvanathan K, Nicholas LH, Schmitz KH. “It Still Affects Our Economic Situation": A Mixed Methods Analysis of Long-Term Economic Burden due to Breast Cancer and Lymphedema. Journal of Supportive Care in Cancer. [Online first: https://link.springer.com/article/10.1007/s00520-018-4418-4], 19 August 2018. PMID: 30121786 DOI: 10.1007/s00520-018-4418-4
- Dean LT, Knapp EA, Snguon S, Ransome Y, Qato DM, Visvanathan K. Consumer Credit, Chronic Disease, and Risk Behaviors. Journal of Epidemiology and Community Health. [online first: https://jech.bmj.com/content/early/2018/10/15/jech-2018-211160.long], October 2018. PMID: 30322882 DOI: 10.1136/jech-2018-211160