Center & Institute Affiliations
Matthew Eisenberg, PhD, MPhil, uses applied health economics methods to study how consumers make decisions about their healthcare.
Experiences & Accomplishments
Honors & Awards
- Rabideau B, Eisenberg M, Reid R, Sood N. 2021. The Impact of High-Deductible Health Plans on the Use of Low-Value Care. Journal of Health Economics. 76: 102424.
- Eisenberg M, Stone EM, Pittell H, McGinty EE. 2020. The impact of academic medical center policies restricting direct-to-physician marketing on opioid prescribing. Health Affairs. 39(6): 1002-1010
- Eisenberg M, Du S, Kennedy-Hendricks A, Sen A, Barry CL. 2020. Health care spending by enrollees with substance use and mental health disorders in high-deductible health plans v traditional plans. JAMA Psychiatry. Published online April 15, 2020. doi:10.1001/jamapsychiatry.2020.0342
- Eisenberg M, Haviland A, Mehtora A, Huckfedlt P, Sood N. 2017. The Long-Term Effects of Consumer-Directed Health Plans on the Use of Preventive Care. Journal of Health Economics. 55:61-75
- Eisenberg M, Avery R, Cantor J. 2017. Vitamin Panacea: Is Advertising Fueling Demand for Products with Little Scientific Benefit? Journal of Health Economics. 55:30-44