Center & Institute Affiliations
Ian Salas, PhD, MA, works in research and practice at the intersection of economics with demography, development, gender, and public health.
Experiences & Accomplishments
Honors & Awards
- Cruz, CJP, Salas, JMIS, and Cruz, GT. “Fertility Preferences in the Philippines,” Chapter 18 in Family demography in Asia: A comparative analysis of fertility preferences, edited by Stuart Gietel-Basten, John Casterline, and Minja Kim Choe, 2018, Edward Elgar.
- He, P, Liu, L, Salas, JMIS, Guo, C, Cheng, Y, Chen, G, and Zheng, X. “Prenatal malnutrition and adult cognitive impairment: A natural experiment from the 1959-1961 Chinese Famine,” British Journal of Nutrition 120 (2), 2018, pp. 198-203.
- Abrigo, MRM, Racelis, RH, Salas, JMIS, and Herrin, AN. “Decomposing economic gains from population age structure transition in the Philippines,” The Journal of the Economics of Ageing 8, 2016, pp. 19-27.
- Racelis, RH, Abrigo, MRM, and Salas, JMIS. “Financing consumption over the lifecycle and overseas workers’ remittances: Findings from the 1999 and 2007 Philippine National Transfer Accounts,” The Journal of the Economics of Ageing 5, 2015, pp. 69-78.
- Neumark, DB, Salas, JMIS, and Wascher, WL. “More on recent evidence on the effects of minimum wages in the United States,” IZA Journal of Labor Policy 3:24, 2014, pp. 1-26.