Melissa A. Marx, PhD ‘02, MPH ’98, evaluates maternal, child, and infectious disease programs, and has led response efforts for outbreaks including SARS, Ebola, and COVID-19.
Experiences & Accomplishments
Honors & Awards
- Sharfstein JM, Marx MA. Testing is Just the Beginning in the Battle Against Covid-19. The New York Times Opinion, March 30, 2020. https://www.nytimes.com/2020/03/30/opinion/coronavirus-testing.html
- Marx MA, Gurley E, Nuzzo J, Sauer L, Limaye RJ, Moss W, Lessler J, Sharfstein JM. Recommendations for a metropolitan COVID-19 Response. COVID-19 School of Public Health Expert Insights, Johns Hopkins Bloomberg School of Public Health, April 2, 2020. https://www.jhsph.edu/covid-19/articles/covid-19-recommendations-for-a-metropolitan-response.html
- Miller NP, Richards AK, Marx MA, Checchi F, Kozuki N. Assessing community health worker service delivery in humanitarian settings, Journal of Global Health, 2020, 10:1. https://doi.org/10.7189/jogh.10.010307
- Pattniak A*, Mohan D, Chikoposa S, Misomali A, Kategenza H, Marx MA. Validity and Feasibility of Cellphone-based collection of data to evaluate strength of implementation of Youth-friendly Health Services in Malawi, BMC Health Services Research, 2020, 20:221. https://doi.org/10.1186/s12913-020-5066-1
- Lehman MW*, Craig A, Malama C, Kapina Kanyanga M, Malenga P, Munsaka F, Muwowo S, Shadomy S, Marx MA. (2017). Role of Food Insecurity in Outbreak of Anthrax Infections among Humans and Hippopotamuses Living in a Game Reserve Area, Rural Zambia. Emerg Infect Dis. 2017, 23(9), 1471-1477. https://dx.doi.org/10.3201/eid2309.161597