Sara Benjamin-Neelon, PhD, JD, MPH, is an attorney and child nutritionist who examines early life predictors of obesity and other chronic diseases with a health equity lens.
Experiences & Accomplishments
- Benjamin-Neelon SE, Bai J, Østbye T, Neelon B, Pate RR, Crainiceanu C. Physical activity and adiposity in a racially diverse cohort of US infants. Obesity. Obesity. 2020;28(3)631-637. PMCID forthcoming.
- Gonzalez-Nahm S, Grossman ER, Benjamin-Neelon SE. The role of equity in US state breastfeeding policies. JAMA Pediatrics. 2019 Aug 12. doi: 10.1001/jamapediatrics.2019.2582. [Epub ahead of print].
- Benjamin-Neelon SE, Hecht AA, Burgoine T, Adams J. Perceived barriers to fruit and vegetable gardens in early years settings in England: Results from a cross-sectional survey of nurseries. Nutrients. 2019;11(12). No PMCID.
- Benjamin-Neelon SE, Platt A, Bacardí-Gascón M, Armstrong S, Neelon B, Jiménez-Cruz A. Greenspace, physical activity, and BMI in children from two cities in northern Mexico. Preventive Medicine Reports. 2019;14:100870. PMCID forthcoming.
- Benjamin Neelon SE, White AJ, Vidal AC, Schildkraut JM, Murtha AP, Murphy SK, Kullman SW, Hoyo C. Maternal vitamin D, DNA methylation at imprint regulatory regions, and offspring weight at birth, 1 year, and 3 years. International Journal of Obesity. 2018;42(4):587-593.