Smisha Agarwal, PhD, MPH '09, MBA, studies how to improve maternal and newborn health in low-income settings by strengthening health systems and using technological solutions.
Experiences & Accomplishments
Honors & Awards
- Agarwal S, LeFevre AE, Lee J, L’Engle K, Mehl G, Sinha C, Labrique A. Guidelines for reporting of health interventions using mobile phones: mobile health (mHealth) evidence reporting and assessment (mERA) checklist. Bmj. 2016 Mar 17;352:i1174.
- Agarwal S, Perry HB, Long LA, Labrique AB. Evidence on feasibility and effective use of mH ealth strategies by frontline health workers in developing countries: systematic review. Tropical medicine & international health. 2015 Aug;20(8):1003-14.
- Agarwal S, Labrique A. Newborn health on the line: the potential mHealth applications. Jama. 2014 Jul 16;312(3):229-30.
- Agarwal S, Lasway C, L’Engle K, Homan R, Layer E, Ollis S, Braun R, Silas L, Mwakibete A, Kudrati M. Family planning counseling in your pocket: a mobile job aid for community health workers in Tanzania. Global Health: Science and Practice. 2016 Jun 20;4(2):300-10.
- Agarwal S, Tamrat T, Glenton C, Lewin S, Henschke N, Maayan N, Fønhus MS, Mehl GL. Decision?support tools via mobile devices to improve quality of care in primary healthcare settings. Cochrane Database of Systematic Reviews. 2018(2)