Brendan Saloner, PhD, evaluates policies to promote access to health care and a stronger safety net for underserved groups, particularly for people who use drugs.
Experiences & Accomplishments
Honors & Awards
- Saloner B, Parish K, Ward JA, DiLaura G, Dolovich S. COVID-19 Cases and Deaths in Federal and State Prisons. JAMA. 2020;324(6):602-603. doi:10.1001/jama.2020.12528
- Bandara S, Kennedy-Hendricks A, Merritt S*, Barry CL, Saloner B. Methadone and buprenorphine treatment in United States jails and prisons: lessons from early adopters. Addiction. Published online May 17, 2021.
- Saloner B, Chang H-Y, Krawczyk N*, et al. Predictive Modeling of Opioid Overdose Using Linked Statewide Medical and Criminal Justice Data. JAMA Psychiatry. Published online June 24, 2020. doi:10.1001/jamapsychiatry.2020.1689
- Saloner B, Maclean JC. Specialty Substance Use Disorder Treatment Admissions Steadily Increased In The Four Years After Medicaid Expansion. Health Aff (Millwood). 2020;39(3):453-461. doi:10.1377/hlthaff.2019.01428
- Saloner B, Landis R, Stein BD, Barry CL. The Affordable Care Act In The Heart Of The Opioid Crisis: Evidence From West Virginia. Health Aff (Millwood). 2019;38(4):633-642. doi:10.1377/hlthaff.2018.05049