Guoying Wang, MD, PhD, studies pediatrics and chronic diseases, bridging the gap between early life origin of obesity and insulin resistance and diabetes.
Obesity; Diabetes; Early life origin; Epidemiology; Fetal development; Environmental Health; Cardio-metabolic disorders; Preterm birth.
Experiences & Accomplishments
Beijing Medical University
Dr. Guoying Wang is an endocrinologist and have cared for both children and adults for more than 15 years. She has a broad training in clinical research, molecular epidemiology, and molecular biology laboratory. In the last decade, she has participated in a number of research studies on common chronic diseases such as obesity, type 2 diabetes, and metabolic syndrome and common pediatric problems such as autism, food allergy, preterm birth and metabolic consequences. Her research bridged the gap between early life and adult diseases, and contributed new insight on early life origin of obesity and insulin resistance and diabetes.
I have authored and co-authored more than 60 publications in peer-reviewed scientific journals. My research focus on early life origin of adult chronic diseases, obesity, and metabolic disorders.
- Wang G, Divall S, Radovick S, Paige D, Ning Y, Chen Z, Ji Y, Hong X, Walker S, Caruso D, Pearson C, Wang MC, Zuckerman B, Cheng TL, Wang X. Preterm Birth and Random Plasma Insulin Levels at Birth and in Early Childhood (see editorial comments). JAMA. 2014, 12; 311(6):587-96.
- Wang G, Hu FB, Mistry KB, Zhang C, Ren F, Huo Y, Paige D, Bartell T, Hong X, Caruso D, Ji Z, Chen Z, Ji Y, Pearson C, Ji H, Zuckerman B, Cheng TL, Wang X. Maternal Prepregnancy BMI, Plasma Folate Level and Child Metabolic Risk. JAMA pediatr. 2016;170(8):e160845.
- Wang G, Walker SO, Gong X, Bartell TR, Wang X. Epigenetics and Early Life Origins of Chronic Non-Communicable Diseases. J Adoles Health. 2013, 52: S14–S21.
- Wang G, Christoffel KK, Brickman WJ, Hong X, Arguelles L, Zhang S, Wang B, Li Z, Xing H, Tang G, Zimmerman D, Xu X, Wang X. C-Reactive Protein in Adolescent Twins: Patterns and Relationship to Adiposity. J Clin Endocrinol Metab. 2011;96(10):3226-33.
- Wang G, Liu X, Christoffel K, Zhang S, Wang B, Liu R, Li Z, Liu X, Brickman W, Zimmerman D, Xu X, Wang X. Prediabetes Is not All About Obesity: Association between Plasma Leptin and Prediabetes in Lean Rural Chinese Adults. Eur J Endocrinol. 2010, 163(2):243-9.
Early Life Determinants of Obesity in U.S. Urban Low Income Minority Birth Cohort
Preterm Birth, Maternal and Cord Blood Metabolome, and Child Metabolic Risk
MCH Autism Longitudinal Data Project