Center & Institute Affiliations
Abdulgafoor M. Bachani, PhD '11, MHS '08, studies how to address burden of and preventing injury and disabilities, and to expand access to rehabilitation services.
Experiences & Accomplishments
Honors & Awards
- Bachani AM, Galiwango E, Kadobera D, Bentley JA, Bishai D, Wegener S, Hyder AA. A new screening instrument for disability in low-income and middle-income settings: application at the Iganga-Mayuge Demographic Surveillance System (IM-DSS), Uganda. BMJ Open. 2014 Dec 19;4(12):e005795.
- Bachani AM, Zia, N., Hung, Y.W., Adetunji, R., Cuong, P.V., Faried, A., Jiwattanakulpaisarn, P. and Hyder, A.A. Speeding in urban South East Asia: Results from a multi-site observational study. Journal of the Australasian College of Road Safety. 2017 28(2), 27-35.
- Bachani AM, Paichadze N, Bentley JA, Tumwesigye NM, Bishai D, Atuyambe L, Wegener S, Guwatudde D, Kobusingye OC, Hyder AA. Postgraduate training for trauma prevention, injury surveillance and research, Uganda. Bull World Health Organ. 2018 Jun 1;96(6):423-427. doi: 10.2471/BLT.17.200949. Epub 2018 Apr 12.
- Bachani AM, Botchey I, Paruk F, Wako D, Saidi H, Aliwa B, Kibias S, Hyder AA. Nine-point plan to improve care of the injured patient: A case study from Kenya. Surgery. 2017 Dec;162(6S):S32-S44. doi: 10.1016/j.surg.2017.05.020. Epub 2017 Oct 16.
- Bachani AM, Taber N, Mehmood A, Hung YW, Botchey I, Al-Kashmiri A, Hyder AA. Adolescent and Young Adult Injuries in Developing Economies: A Comparative Analysis from Oman and Kenya. Ann Glob Health. 2017 Sep - Dec;83(5-6):791-802. doi: 10.1016/j.aogh.2017.10.030. Epub 2017 Nov 23.