Anne Palmer, MAIA, builds the capacity of food policy councils to work on issues such as hunger, food environments, and racial equity to create healthy, equitable and sustainable food systems.
Experiences & Accomplishments
Honors & Awards
- Palmer, A. Atoloye, A. Bassarab, K. Calancie, L. Santo, R. Stowers, K. COVID-19 Responses: Food Policy Councils are “Stepping In, Stepping Up, and Stepping Back” Journal of Agriculture, Food Systems, and Community Development, November 2020. 10 (1), 223–226. https://doi.org/10.5304/jafscd.2020.101.013
- Palmer, A. Bonanno, A. Cho, C. Clancy, K. Cleary, R. Lee, R. Enhancing Understanding of Food Purchasing Patterns in the Northeast U.S. using Multiple Datasets, Renewable Agriculture and Food Systems, August 2019, https://doi.org/10.1017/S1742170519000371
- Moran, A. Gu, Y. Clynes, S. Goheer, A. Roberto, C. Palmer, A. Effects of Governmental Policies to Improve the Nutritional Quality of Supermarket Purchases: An Integrative Review, International Journal of Environmental Research and Public Health, October 2020, 17(20), 7493; https://doi.org/10.3390/ijerph17207493
- Bassarab, K. Clark, J. Santo, R. Palmer, A. Finding Our Way to Food Democracy-Lessons from U.S. Food Policy Council Governance, Politics and Governance, June 2019. 7(4):32, DOI: 10.17645/pag.v7i4.2092
- Lange, S. Calancie, L. Onufrak, S. Reddy, K. Palmer, A. Lowry Warnock, A. Associations between Food Policy Councils and Policies That Support Healthy Food Access: A National Survey of Community Policy Supports. Nutrients 2021, 13, 683. https:// doi.org/10.3390/nu13020683