Li Liu, MB, PhD ’08, MHS ’06, applies interdisciplinary quantitative strategies to estimate and measure all-cause and cause specific child mortality and strengthen CRVS systems.
Experiences & Accomplishments
Honors & Awards
- Li Liu,*‡ Yue Chu,* Shefali Oza, Dan Hogan, Jamie Perin, Diego G Bassani, Usha Ram, Shaza A. Fadel, Arvind Pandey, Neeraj Dhingra, Damodar Sahu, Pradeep Kumar, Richard Cibulskis, Brian Wahl, Anita Shet, Colin Mathers, Joy Lawn, Prabhat Jha, Rakesh Kumar, Robert E. Black, and Simon Cousens. 2019. “National, regional and state all-cause and cause-specific under-five mortality in India in 2000-2015: a systematic analysis with implications for the Sustainable Development Goals” Lancet Global Health. Published online on 5/13
- Stephane Helleringer,* Li Liu,* Yue Chu, Ane Fisker, Amabelia Rodrigues. 2020. “Biases in Survey Estimates of Neonatal Mortality: Results from a Validation Study in Urban Areas of Guinea-Bissau” Demography. Accepted. Also available at: https://osf.io/preprints/socarxiv/qx2kn/.
- Li Liu,‡ Shefali Oza, Dan Hogan, Yue Chu, Jamie Perin, Jun Zhu, Joy Lawn, Simon Cousens, Colin Mathers, Robert E. Black. 2016. “Global, regional, and national causes of under-5 mortality in 2000–15: an updated systematic analysis with implications for the Sustainable Development Goals” Lancet 388(10063): 3027-35
- Li Liu,‡ Henry D. Kalter, Yue Chu, Narjis Kazmi, Alain K. Koffi, Agbessi Amouzou, Olga Joos, Melinda Munos, Robert E. Black. 2016. “Understanding misclassification between neonatal deaths and stillbirths: empirical evidence from Malawi”. PLoS One. Published on 12/28
- Li Liu,*‡ Mengying Li,* Stirling Cummings, Robert E. Black. 2015. “Deriving causes of child mortality by re-analyzing national verbal autopsy data applying a standardized computer algorithm in Uganda, Rwanda and Ghana”. Journal of Global Health, Jun;5(1):010414. doi: 10.7189/jogh.05.010414