Clinical trial; Longitudinal and correlated data analysis; ophthalmology; survival analysis; clinical trials; HIV/AIDS; infectious disease; program impact evaluation; behavioral sciences for promoting health seeking behaviors;
Experiences & Accomplishments
Virginia Commonwealth University
Beijing University of Technology
Honors & Awards
2014-18 K25 Mentored Quantitative Research Career Development Award, NIAID 2010 American Statistical Association Statistics in Epidemiology Young Investigator Award 2009 Faculty Grants Award in Global Health Research, Johns Hopkins University 2006 Biopharmaceutical Applied Statistics Symposium (BASS) XIII Fellow
- Campochiaro P.A., Iftikhar M, Hafiz G, Akhlaq A, Tsai G, Wehling D, Lu L, Wall G.M., Singh M.S., and Kong X, "Oral N-acetylcysteine improves cone function in retinitis pigmentosa patients in phase 1 trial". The Journal of Clinical Investigation.First published December 5, 2019, https://doi.org/10.1172/JCI132990
- Kong X*, Strauss R* (*:equal contribution), S West, H Scholl, “Visual acuity change in ProgStar study: a multi-center study on the natural history of the progression of atrophy secondary to Stardardt disease- ProgStar report #2”. Ophthalmology. 2016 Jul 1. pii: S0161-6420(16)30388-8. doi: 10.1016/j.ophtha.
- Kong X, Kigozi G, Ssekasanvu J, Nalugoda F, Nakigozi G, Ndyanabo A, Lutalo T, Reynolds S, Ssekubugu R, Kagaayi J, Bugos E, Chang L, Pilgrim N, Grabowski M, Berman A, Quinn T, Serwadda D, Wawer M, and Gray R, “Association of Medical Male Circumcision and Antiretroviral Therapy Scale-up with Community HIV Incidence in Rakai, Uganda.”. Journal of the American Medical Association. JAMA. 2016 Jul 12;316(2):182-90. doi: 10.1001/jama.2016.7292.
- Kong X, Wang Mei-Cheng, and Gray R, "Analysis of longitudinal multivariate outcome data from couples: application to HPV transmission dynamics from couple cohort studies". Journal of the American Statistical Association. 2015 DOI:10.1080/01621459.2014.991394
- Wawer MJ, Tobian AR, Kigozi G, Kong X, Gravitt PE, Serwadda D, Nalugoda F, Makumbi F, Ssempiija V, Sewankambo N, Watya S, Eaton KP, Oliver AE, Chen MZ, Reynolds S, Quinn TC, and Gray RH. "Male Circumcision Reduces Human Papillomavirus Transmission to HIV-Negative Female Partners: A Randomized Trial in Rakai, Uganda". The Lancet. 2011 Jan 15;377(9761):209-18.
Male circumcision, risk compensation and the role of intensive health education and VCT on HIV prevention in Rakai, Uganda
Multi-level determinants of male circumcision uptake, Rakai, Uganda
The Johns Hopkins Center for AIDS Research (JHU CFAR): Kong, Xiangrong
Multilevel determinants of male circumcision uptake, Rakai, Uganda
The Natural History of the Progression of Atrophy Secondary to Stargardt Disease (ProgStar) Studies
Understanding HIV Risk and Service Use in Hotspot Ugandan Fishing Communities
Planning study for a phase-3 randomized multi-center placebo-controlled treatment trial of retinitis pigmentosa