Keshia Pollack Porter, PhD '06, MPH, uses research to advance policies that promote health equity, especially where people live, work, play, and travel.
Experiences & Accomplishments
Honors & Awards
- Pollack Porter KM, Rutkow L, McGinty EB. The Importance of Policy Change for Addressing Leading Public Health Problems. Public Health Reports 2018; 133(1S):9(S)-14(S).
- Pollack Porter KM, Lindberg R, McInnis-Simoncelli A. Considering Health and Health Disparities During State Policy Formulation: Examining Washington State Health Impact Reviews. BMC Public Health 2019;19:862. https://doi.org/10.1186/s12889-019-7165-7.
- Waimberg J, Cloud LK, Campbell AT, Lindberg R, Pollack Porter K. Tracking State-Level Health Impact Assessment Legislation from 2012-2016. Chronicles of Health Impact Assessment 2018; 3(1); file:///C:/Users/kpollack/Downloads/1352-342-PB.pdf.
- Sohn E, Stein LJ, Wolpoff A, Lindberg R, Baum A, McInnis-Simoncelli, Pollack KM. Avenues of Influence: The Relationship between Health Impact Assessment and Determinants of Health and Health Equity. Journal of Urban Health 2018; Jun 11. doi: 10.1007/s11524-018-0263-5.
- McAndrews C, Pollack KM, Dannenberg A, Berringer D. Understanding and Improving Arterial Roads to Support Public Health and Transportation Goals. American Journal of Public Health 2017 Aug;107(8):1278-1282. doi: 10.2105/AJPH.2017.303898.