Center & Institute Affiliations
Mindi Levin, MS, cultivates academic-community partnerships and uses service-learning pedagogy to promote health and social justice, with a special commitment to Baltimore.
Experiences & Accomplishments
Honors & Awards
- Levin MB, Bowie JV, Ragsdale SK, Gawad AL, Cooper LA, Sharfstein, JM. Enhancing Community Engagement by Schools and Programs of Public Health in the United States. Annual Review of Public Health. 2021; 42(1): 405-421.
- Derreth RT, Jones VC, Levin MB. Preparing Public Health Professionals to Address Social Injustices Through Critical Service-Learning. Pedagogy in Health Promotion. April 2021. doi:10.1177/23733799211007183
- Bower KM, Alexander KA, Levin MB, Jacques KA, Kub J. Using Critical Service-Learning Pedagogy to Prepare Graduate Nurses to Promote Health Equity. Journal of Nursing Education. 2021; 60(1): 38-43.
- Levin MB, Rutkow L. Infrastructure for Teaching and Learning in the Community: The Johns Hopkins University Student Outreach Resource Center (SOURCE). Journal of Public Health Management and Practice. 2011; 17(4): 328-336.
- Borkoski, C., Jones, V., Levin, MB (2018). Learning Communities as a Creative Catalyst for Professional Development and Institutional Change. In Berkey, B., Meixner, C., Green, P.M., & Eddins, E.A. (Eds). Reconceptualizing Faculty Development in Service-Learning/Community Engagement. (pp. 137-157). Sterling, VA: Stylus.