Krishna D. Rao, PhD '04, MSc, finds ways to improve access to health services and financing of health care in resource-poor areas, with a current focus on India.
Experiences & Accomplishments
Honors & Awards
- Rao KD, Sheffel A. (2018). Quality of Clinical Care and Bypassing of Primary Health Centers in India. Social Science and Medicine; DOI: 10.1016/j.socscimed.2018.04.040
- Rao, K.D., Ryan, M., Shroff, Z., Vujicic, M., Ramani, S., & Berman, P. (2013). Rural clinician scarcity and job preferences of doctors and nurses in India: a discrete choice experiment. PLoS One, 8,12. doi: 10.1371/journal.pone.0082984.
- Rao, K.D., Sundararaman, T., Bhatnagar, A., Gupta, G., Kokho, P., & Jain, K. (2013). Which doctor for primary health care? Quality of care and non-physician clinicians in India. Social Science and Medicine, 84, 30-34. doi: 10.1016/j.socscimed.2013.02.018.
- Rao, M., Rao, K.D., Kumar, S., & others. (2011). Health for all and the human resource crisis. Lancet, 337(9765), 587-598.
- Rao, K.D., Petrosyan, V., Aarujo, E.C., & McIntyre, D. (2014). Progress towards universal health coverage in BRICS: translating healthy economic growth into better health. Bulletin of the WHO, 92(6), 429-433. doi: 10.2471/BLT.13.127951