Aruna Chandran, MD, MPH ’04, studies how household and neighborhood factors affect health outcomes, and how resiliency factors can be leveraged to improve well-being.
Experiences & Accomplishments
Honors & Awards
- Johnson CC*, Chandran A*, Havstad S, Li X, McEvoy C, Ownby D, Litonjua AA, Karagas MR, Camargo CA, Gern JE, Gilliland F, Togias A, for the Environmental Influences on Child Health Outcomes (ECHO) collaborators. “Childhood Asthma Incidence Rate Patterns from the ECHO Consortium: Identifying High-Risk Groups for Primary Prevention.” JAMA Pediatrics 2021; Epub ahead of print. (* denotes co-first authors). PMID: 33999100. PMCID: PMC8129904.
- A Chandran, F Bhondoekhan, TE Wilson, J Mlam, MH Cohen, AA Adimora, A Adedimeji, J Cocohoba, C Parish, M Holstad, S Kassaye, MC Kempf. “Intensity of Social Support Matters: A Latent Class Analysis to Identify Levels of Social Support Associated with Optimal Health Outcomes among Women Living with HIV.” AIDS and Behavior 2021; Epub ahead of print. PMID: 34287753.
- Chandran A, Xu C, Gross J, Leifheit KM, Phelan-Emrick D, Helleringer S, Althoff KN. “A web-based tool for quantification of potential gains in life expectancy by preventing cause-specific mortality.” Frontiers in Public Health 2021; Epub ahead of print. PMID: 34277538. PMCID: PMC8280746.
- Chandran A, Knapp E, Liu T, Dean LT. “A new era: Improving use of sociodemographic constructs in the analysis of pediatric cohort study data”. Pediatric Research 2021; Epub ahead of print. PMID: 33603207.
- A Chandran, S Irwin, C Crifasi, LT Dean. “Community Effects of Police-Related Deaths: Associations with Low Birthweight Births and Poverty among US Counties”. Violence and Victims 2021; 36(3): 339-46. PMID: 34103410. PMCID: PMC8377742.