Judith Bass, PhD '04, MPH, MIA, is an implementation science researcher, with a broad background in sociology, economic development studies, and psychiatric epidemiology.
Experiences & Accomplishments
Honors & Awards
- Bass JK, Annan J, Murray SM, Kaysen D, Griffiths S, Cetinoglu T, Wachter K, Murray LK, Bolton PA. (2013) Controlled trial of psychotherapy for sexual violence survivors in DR Congo. New England Journal of Medicine. 368:2182-91.
- Bass J, Bolton P, Murray L (2007) Invited Comment: Do not forget culture when studying mental health. The Lancet. 370: 918-919.
- Bass JK, Ryder RW, Lammers MC, Mukaba TN, Bolton PA. (2008) Postpartum depression in Kinshasa, Democratric Republic of Congo: Validation of a concept using a mixed-methods cross-cultural approach. Tropical Medicine and International Health. 13:1534-1542.
- Bolton P, Bass J, Betancourt T, Speelman L, Onyango G, Clougherty K, Neugebauer R, Murray L, Verdeli H. (2007) Interventions for depression symptoms among adolescent survivors of war and displacement in Northern Uganda: A randomized controlled trial. JAMA. 298(5): 519-527.
- Bass J, Neugebauer R, Clougherty KF, Verdeli H, Wickramaratne P, Ndogoni L, Speelman L, Weissman M, Bolton P. (2006) Group interpersonal psychotherapy for depression in rural Uganda: 6-month follow-up of a randomized controlled trial. British Journal of Psychiatry. 288: 567-573.