Robert Blum, MD, PhD, MPH, studies adolescent health worldwide, with a focus on gender socialization in early adolescence and how it shapes health and wellness.
Experiences & Accomplishments
Honors & Awards
- Blum, R. Li, M., Naranjo Rivera, G., 2019 Measuring Adverse Childhood Experiences (ACES) among Young Adolescents in a Global Experience, J. Adol. Health, 65:86-91.
- Blum, R. 2019, Gender Norm Transformative Programming: Where are we Now? Where Do we Need to be? J. Adol. Health, January, 2020.
- Blum R., Boyden, J., Erulkar, A., Kaberu, C., Wilopo, S. Achieving Gender Equality Requires Placing Adolescents at the Center , J. Adol. Health, 64(6): 691-693. https://www.sciencedirect.com/science/article/pii/S1054139X19301107
- Blum, R., Sheehy, G. Basu, S., El-Gibaly, O., Li, M. The Use of Vignettes to measure gender equality in relationships among young adolescents: methodological considerations, PLOS One, June 27, 2019, https://doi.org/10.1371/journal.pone.0218863
- Blum, R. Pasha, O., Rao, K, Natiq, K Li, M. Coming of Age in the Shadow of the Taliban: Education, gender equality and the Future, J. Adol. Health education, gender equality and the Future of the Taliban, J. Adol. Health, Published on-line in advance of journal (https://doi.org/10.1016/j.jadohealth.2018.09.014) .