Maria-Elena Figueroa, PhD '96, researches health behavior and applied communication worldwide, and directs CCP’s Global Program on Water and Hygiene.
Experiences & Accomplishments
- Figueroa ME & Kincaid DL. (2010). The Influence of Social, Cultural and Behavioural Factors on Uptake of Household Water Treatment and Safe Storage. Center Publication No. (1). Baltimore: Johns Hopkins Bloomberg School of Public Health , Center for Communication Programs.
- Figueroa, M.E. (2017). A theory-based socioecological model of communication and behavior for the containment of the Ebola epidemic in Liberia. Journal of Health Communication. Special issue on Ebola.
- Carrasco, M., Arias, R., and Figueroa, M.E. (2017). The multidimensional nature of HIV stigma: Evidence from Mozambique. African Journal of AIDS Research, 16:1, 11-18.
- Figueroa ME., Kincaid D.L., Rani, M. and Lewis, G. (2002). Communication for Social Change: A Model for Measuring the Processes and its Outcomes. Working Paper Series. Published by the Rockefeller Foundation August, 2002
- Holman, E., Harbour, C., Said, R. & Figueroa, M.E. (2016). In the eyes of the beholder: Using photo-based projective techniques to elicit normative and alternative discourses on gender, relationships and sexuality in Mozambique. Global Public Health, Special issue on Participatory visual methodologies in global public health.