This is a 2-part workshop series. You must register for and attend part 1 (2/27/2023, 1-3 p.m.) to attend part 2 (3/6/2023, 1-3 p.m.). Only register part 1 to attend both workshops.
Pre-requisites: Participants should be familiar with basic programming concepts, including variable assignment, data types, function calls, and installing packages or libraries. Introductory experience in Python or R will be especially helpful for this workshop.
This beginner-to-intermediate workshop is part 1 of a 2-part workshop series on the pandas library, a popular Python library for data cleaning, data wrangling, and data analysis. Participants in this interactive class will use Jupyter Notebooks software and Python code to import, understand, and prepare a dataset for further analysis or visualization. By the end of this workshop series, participants will be able to:
- Identify and use the two primary data structures of the pandas library: Series and DataFrame
- Implement functions from the pandas library to explore and analyze a dataset, including:
- Handling missing data
- Filtering and sorting data
- Grouping data
- Calculating basic summary statistics
- Find documentation for the pandas library to troubleshoot errors and apply new functions to analyze a dataset