Academic and Career Essentials
- Utilize project planning skills to develop, outline, and organize a library research project.
- Employ strategies to give and receive useful, constructive feedback on written and oral work.
- Identify jobs in their field of interest and prepare competitive job application materials.
- Use scientific thinking and writing skills to compose a thesis on a topic of interest.
- Prepare and deliver an oral presentation on a microbiology/immunology-related topic to a professional audience.
- 30% Participation
- 40% Assignments
- 30% Peer-feedback
This course will be offered to MMI MHS student all 4 terms, with different content with each term corresponding to the program timeline. For instance, Term 1 will be more focused on career development and getting accustomed to graduate school compared to other terms, which will be focused more heavily on development of thesis skills (outlines, writing plan, thesis drafts, etc...). However, the assessments will remain consistent throughout all terms, as specified in the assessments section.