Introduction to Clinical Research
Students must submit an abstract for a research project prior to the beginning of the course.
- Define a research question
- Describe the steps involved in conducting clinical research
- Review and evaluate the main study designs used in clinical research: case-control, cohort, clinical trials, cross-sectional, meta-analyses
- Explain the basis of statistical analyses of clinical research studies
- Describe the methodological basis of diagnostic and prognostic testing
- Prepare and review a research project
- 40% Group Work
- 10% In-class Exercises
- 50% Written Assignment(s)
This is the online/virtual section of a course also held onsite. You are responsible for the modality in which you register. Students are expected to use a computer with working WIFI/Internet access. Students should check CoursePlus and the ICTR website for the complete schedule including requirement due dates and course lecture(s) start and end times. Students will be required to review pre-recorded lectures prior to the beginning of class.