Current Issues in Policy: Special Topics in Advanced Policymaking for DrPH
Student must complete the AY 22/23 4th term offering of this course in order to register for the AY 23/24 Summer Institute course.
- Identify complex problems and recognize priority issues by using a policy analysis lens.
- Cite and explain the key factors that shape the debate on current policy issues
- Demonstrate application of policy literacy
- Identify social, cultural, economic, commercial and institutional factors that promote or hinder the design and implementation of public policies
- Employ policy analysis tools to current public issues to create more meaningful opportunities for change
- Analyze opportunities for action and potential objections to change
- 15% Participation
- 50% In-class Exercises
- 20% Written Assignment(s)
- 15% Project(s)
This course is available to DrPH students in the HPM/health policy track who has completed the AY 22/23 4th term version of this course. The instructor will record lectures that students must listen to prior to the start of class.