Clinical Ethics Practicum I
- Identify ethical issues in clinical practice
- Evaluate the relevance of different approaches to ethics to specific issues in clinical medicine
- Analyze ethical issues in clinical care and communicate effectively about the analyses
- Integrate and apply bioethical reasoning to real clinical ethics cases
- Consider ethical problems in the larger historical and social context of clinical care
- 50% Participation
- 50% Discussion
The placement site(s) for this practicum are the School of Medicine and the Johns Hopkins Hospital. Students will spend much more time listening to/observing case presentations and interacting with a team of cross-appointed faculty in the SOM and the Berman Institute than they will in a classroom.
This course is part of a 2-term sequence where Practicum II has even more on-the-ground practical experience.