Advanced MHS Student Research
Biochemistry and Molecular Biology
2023 - 2024
Extremely useful to gain advanced research experience in biochemistry, cell and molecular biology labs.
Builds upon existing basic research skills in biomedical sciences and emphasizes more independent hands-on research working under the guidance of a faculty member in the Department of Biochemistry and Molecular Biology or affiliated principle investigator. Provides further experience for future research pursuits at JHU and beyond.
Learning ObjectivesUpon successfully completing this course, students will be able to:
- Identify a research question of significance in biomedical science
- Design hypothesis-driven or discovery-driven experimental studies to address the question
- Maintain research notes, including summaries of results and data interpretation
- Propose future research endeavors related to current research
- Relate research to relevant current literature
Methods of Assessment
This course is evaluated as follows:
- 50% Participation
- 50% Lab Assignments