Fundamentals of Human Physiology
Environmental Health and Engineering
2023 - 2024
M, W, 1:30 - 3:20pm
Provides an in-depth view of integrated human systems physiology by covering the key aspects of a number of different organ systems. Offers a unique perspective on physiology by incorporating environmental, clinical and public health aspects, where possible.
Learning ObjectivesUpon successfully completing this course, students will be able to:
- Explain the fundamental principles of integrated systems physiology at the genetic, cellular and organ level
- Apply basic physiological principles toward a better understanding of the health consequences of current and emerging environmental and public health issues
- Describe the significance of physiological principles when interacting with a broad spectrum of public health professionals
Methods of Assessment
This course is evaluated as follows:
- 90% 3 non-cumulative exams (30% each)
- 10% Non-cumulative quizzes (2% each)
Although not required as a prerequisite, background courses in biology and/or related disciplines will help greatly with the comprehension of course material.