Topics in Immunology II
Molecular Microbiology and Immunology
2023 - 2024
Wednesday, 10:30 - 11:50am
Restricted to PhD graduate students in MMI and the CMM program.
Employs a journal club presentation/discussion format to explore advanced topics in basic immunology, the tenants of experimental design in immunology and the theory and practice of immunological methods. This is the core discussion class for 260.611-.612.
Learning ObjectivesUpon successfully completing this course, students will be able to:
- Explain the basic elements in the experimental design of immunological studies
- Define the theory and practice behind major methods and techniques used in modern immunological research
- Describe the components of well-constructed tables and figures
- Realize improved presentation skills
- Define the elements of a well-constructed manuscript-Explain the basic elements in the experimental design of immunological studies-Define the theory and practice behind major methods and techniques used in modern immunological research-Describe the components of well-constructed tables and figures-Realize improved presentation skills"
Methods of Assessment
This course is evaluated as follows:
- 50% Participation
- 50% Presentation(s)
PhD graduate students in MMI and CMM.