Ethics in Clinical Practice: Fundamentals, Problems and Approaches
Berman Institute (Bioethics)
2023 - 2024
Introduction to Online Learning.
Offers students a) a theoretical and practical foundation for identifying and analyzing ethical issues arising in clinical medicine and b) a survey of important current issues and problems in clinical ethics with c) a focus on case analysis and application of principles to problems. Includes interactive content and case-based materials.
Learning ObjectivesUpon successfully completing this course, students will be able to:
- Identify ethical issues in clinical practice
- Evaluate the relevance of different approaches to ethics to specific issues in clinical medicine
- Analyze ethical issues in clinical care and communicate effectively about the analyses
- Apply analytic framework(s) to resolve competing moral obligations in clinical care
- Consider ethical problems in the larger historical and social context of clinical care
Enrollment priority given to MBE students