Biochemistry and Molecular Biology
2023 - 2024
All departmental PhD students spend eight weeks participating in the research activities of a faculty member’s laboratory. During the academic year each PhD student rotates through four laboratories.
Learning ObjectivesUpon successfully completing this course, students will be able to:
- Develop critical thinking skills and the ability to design hypothesis driven research questions
- Develop the ability to design experiments to test hypothesis driven research questions
- Master basic laboratory skills, including maintenance of an effective laboratory notebook
- Develop effective written and oral communication skills
Methods of Assessment
This course is evaluated as follows:
- 99% Ability to design experiments and to interpret results in their scientific context.
BMB PhD Students only
Only open to BMB PhD students