Quality Assurance Management Methods for Developing Countries
Introduction to Online Learning.
- Describe the principles, concepts and methods for developing quality initiatives and explain how these can be used to improve essential public health services
- Define quality from the perspective of all stakeholders, particularly in diverse populations
- Explain how quality assurance principles can identify health barriers and how findings can be utilized to build equity in access and improve population health
- Discuss how quality assurance re-design tools can lead to behavioral changes in populations as a result of improved health programming
- Measure a performance gap and conduct a gap analysis to determine the root cause
- Apply team-based problem-solving methods to address poor performance of public health services
- Assess the costs of poor quality and of quality improvement
- Develop performance monitoring systems and indicators to manage healthcare performance
- 40% Assignments
- 50% Project(s)
- 10% Participation
This course has asynchronous work starting on May 29. During May 29–June 9, participants will access and review the readings and lectures for two weeks prior to the course starting on June 12. No assignments or quizzes during this time, but attendance and course access will be monitored to ensure students are taking all the lectures sequentially prior to the synchronous session.