Public Health Perspectives On Abortion
- Describe trends in abortion incidence, the sociodemographic characteristics of women who have abortions, the provision of abortion, and health consequences
- Analyze current abortion legislation and regulations in the United States and internationally and their impact on women’s health
- Critically review epidemiological research on abortion related health concerns
- Evaluate the relationship between evidence and advocacy for policy or legal reform.
- Assess the impact of diverse perspectives on abortion on women’s health and reproductive health policies.
- 11% Participation
- 44% Written Assignment(s)
- 10% Presentation(s)
- 35% Paper(s)
This course addresses a sensitive issue in Public Health. We therefore require that contact information about class instructors only be shared with students who are enrolled in the class. We also require that the class not be recorded to maintain student confidentiality during class discussions. This includes recording through the school, or by individual students on personal devices. Students will be asked to agree to this at the beginning of the first day of class