Social Justice: Policy, Practice, and Research
- Identify basic social justice theories, concepts, and models
- Describe social justice frameworks and how these frameworks are used in policy, practice, and research
- Develop critical reflection for social justice practice in research design
- Collaborate with a community- based organization (CBO) as an equal partner in evaluating how social justice influences institutional or organizational policies and practices
- 10% Participation
- 10% Twitter On-Line Chat (2)
- 15% Advocacy Brief
- 30% Three reflective discussions, in response to writing prompts (3)
- 35% Final Project: 10%- CBO feedback which will be 10%- The final presentation 15%- The Final paper
This course is a service learning course. Students will meet with a community-based organization (CBO) to complete a service learning project, identified by the CBO.
For the Twitter Online Chat Assessment, students have the option to complete two Twitter related article reviews instead.