Health Systems Graduate Seminar 3
Note: Due to the COVID-19 Pandemic, this course was held in a virtual/online format.
2020 - 2021
Tuesday, 12:00 - 1:20pm
Familiarizes Health Systems students with ongoing faculty research and their areas of research, professionals and organizations in the field of international health, and provides a forum for discussion for current topics in health systems and international health. Focuses on topics like effective communication with different audiences, globalization and health, and global vertical programs and health systems, among others.
Learning ObjectivesUpon successfully completing this course, students will be able to:
- Identify Health Systems Program faculty and staff who can be mentors and informal advisors during their course of study
- Identify research and practice opportunities in the Health System program
- Select communication strategies for different audiences and sectors
- Communicate audience-appropriate public health content, both in writing and through oral presentation
- Perform effectively in inter-professional teams
Methods of Assessment
This course is evaluated as follows:
- 40% Participation
- 60% Written Assignment(s)
Only first year MSPH student in Health Systems and MHS students in Global Health Economics