Nutrition in Disease Treatment and Prevention
Undergraduate level courses on nutrition, metabolism and physiology (examples of some graduate level courses from JHSPH that qualify: Advanced Nutrient Metabolism - 222.651; Nutritional Biochemistry - 222.644; Principles of Human Nutrition - 222.641).
- Explain the underlying nutritional aspects of several common diseases
- Define a nutrition therapy plan for each of these chronic diseases
- Integrate pathophysiology into their nutrition therapy recommendations
- Discuss prevention theories and guidelines for each of these diseases
- Critically evaluate scientific literature dealing with nutritional aspects of selected disease states