We provide opportunities to those seeking training in health equity research at all levels of experience, from high school students all the way to senior faculty. Through formal didactics, mentorship, and sponsorship, the Center is preparing the next generation of health equity researchers, health professionals, and community leaders.
How to Get Involved
If you would like detailed information on how to become involved as a Center Trainee, please fill out our Trainee Interest Survey linked here!
For further questions, please email us at firstname.lastname@example.org
Program History and Details
Current and Former Trainees
We have trained exceptional people to conduct research, deliver care to populations that experience health disparities, and advocate for health equity. Our past trainees include high school students, undergraduate and post-baccalaureate students, Master’s students, pre-doctoral students, post-doctoral fellows, and junior faculty.
We’re very proud of the trainees who have participated in our programs. Since 2010, over 500 clinical and public health scholars have participated in our Center’s faculty mentorship and training activities, and over 8,500 global learners have enrolled in our Coursera massive open online courses (MOOCs). We are also excited that our monthly online Health Equity Jam Session seminars provide a forum for discussion on key issues in health equity, and that these sessions are well attended by researchers and practitioners across the United States.
- Several alumni of our program have gone on to prestigious fellowships and/or have obtained new academic positions to conduct health equity research.
- Many trainees have also obtained federal and private research funding.
- All our former high school trainees are now college students; all our undergraduates are now in medical, nursing, or other graduate programs; and most of our post-bac students are now in medical school, residency, or recently completed a chief residency year.
- Most of our former pre-doctoral students and post-doctoral fellows have attained faculty positions and have career development awards.
- Several of our junior faculty trainees have been promoted to Associate Professor and have received awards for their research and mentorship.