Promoting Evidence-Based Tobacco Smoking Cessation Treatment in Community Mental Health Clinics (IMPACT)
This ALACRITY Center core pilot study, funded through the National Institute of Mental Health Advanced Laboratories for Accelerating the Reach and Impact of Treatments for Youth and Adults with Mental Illness (ALACRITY) Research Centers (P50), tests strategies to support delivery of evidence-based smoking cessation treatment in community mental health clinics serving people with serious mental illness.
The IMPACT study develops and tests strategies to increase delivery of evidence-based smoking cessation treatment, which includes tailored counseling and medication, for people with serious mental illness in community mental health clinics. In this study, investigators are creating and evaluating a multi-component strategy to support delivery of evidence-based smoking cessation treatment that combines provider training, audit and feedback, leadership engagement, expert consultation and performance coaching.
- Faith Dickerson, PhD, MPH, Co-Principal Investigator
- Gail Daumit, MD, MHS, Co-Principal Investigator
- Arlene Dalcin, RD, MS, Co-Investigator
- Corinne Cather, PhD, Co-Investigator
- A. Eden Evins, MD, MPH, Co-Investigator
- Christina Yuan, PhD, MPH, Co-Investigator, Seed Grant Recipient