News & Events
New Advanced Methods Training Videos Available!
- NIMH featured the TRIUMPH Study as a research highlight in their most recent press release (October 24, 2023): "Helping People with Serious Mental Illness Quit Smoking"
- Dr. Christina Yuan was promoted to Associate Scientist in the department of Health Policy and Management in the Bloomberg School of Public Health.
- Results from the TRIUMPH randomized clinical trial, co-led by ALACRITY Center Director Dr. Gail Daumit and ALACRITY Center Faculty Dr. A. Eden Evins, have been published in JAMA Psychiatry. The study's results were also written up on healthday.com Program Helps Folks Battling Mental Illness Beat Another Foe: Smoking - Consumer Health News | HealthDay.
- Dr. Johannes Thrul and his School of Medicine and School of Engineering colleagues received funding from NIDA for their project 'Development of a Longitudinal Observational Research Registry for the Study of Medicinal Cannabis Use and Health.
Christina Yuan, PhD, MPH will present, A Community-Engaged Process for Adapting a Cardiovascular Health Intervention for Persons with Serious Mental Illness at the Conference on the Science of Dissemination and Implementation in Health on December 12, 2023
May 20th, 2023 9 - 12 PM at Rash Field Inner Harbor
201 Key Highway Baltimore, MD 21230
ALACRITY Center team members participated in NAMI Maryland's annual NAMIWalks event to promote mental health awareness
ALACRITY Center Research-in-Progress Meeting
September 20th from 3:00 - 4:00 p.m. ET
- Presenter: Andria Eisman, PhD, MPH, MS, Assistant Professor of Community Health at Wayne State University
- Presentation: A Pragmatic Approach to Costs and Economic Evaluation in Implementation Science
- Contact: firstname.lastname@example.org
Center for Practice Transformation at the University of Minnesota
- Stacy D. Goldsholl, MA presented, Smoking Cessation in Field-Based Mental Health Services
Department of Mental Health+UCLA Public Mental Health Partnership
- Joseph V. Gennusa, PhD, RDN, LDN presented, What Field-Based Mental Health Service Providers Need to Know About Cardiovascular Disease Risk
- Stacy D. Goldsholl, MA presented, Smoking Cessation in Community Mental Health Services
Sign up for a free account to view the training sessions.
Drs. Christina Yuan and Joseph Gennusa presented, Translating Evidence-based Practices to Improve Physical Health Among People with Serious Mental Illness: Progress and Promise for the Future at the Johns Hopkins Department of Mental Health Wednesday Seminar Series (November 29, 2023).
Dr. Gail Daumit and Stacy Goldsholl, MA, participated in the Johns Hopkins School of Nursing RESILIENCE Center Built to Scale Series to discuss scaling evidence-based programs for reducing cardiovascular disease risk in community mental health settings (November 8, 2023). Access the recording here.
Dr. Joseph Gennusa presented at Johns Hopkins School of Nursing, Advanced Seminar in Health Equity Research, The Johns Hopkins ALACRITY Center for Health and Longevity in Mental Illness (October 24, 2023).
Dr. Gail Daumit presented at Rochester University Psychiatry Grand Rounds, Reaching Cardiovascular Health Equity for Persons with Serious Mental Illness (October 18, 2023).
Johns Hopkins Welch Center Grand Rounds
On November 1st, Dr. Rheanna Platt presented, Promoting Maternal Mental Health in Pediatric Primary Care and Early Childhood Settings
On November 8th, Dr. Christina Yuan presented, Preparing for Launch: Using a Community-Engaged Approach to Planning an Implementation Trial to Advance Cardiovascular Health Equity
Dr. Joseph Gennusa presented at the NAMI Maryland Annual Conference, What Community Mental Health Providers and Caregivers Need to Know About Cardiovascular Disease Risk Factors (October 13, 2023).