Research Assistant - Bloomberg Philanthropies Initiative for Global Road Safety (BIGRS)
To provide data management support to the Bloomberg Philanthropies Initiative for Global Road Safety project in multiple cities across Latin America, Africa, and Asia. The position is for Masters and PhD (preferred)students who are interested in road safety at Johns Hopkins Bloomberg School of Public Health or other JHU schools.
Responsibilities may include:
- coordinating data collation activities with city teams:
- liaising with city teams;
- training on data collection protocols;
- data management
- assisting with cleaning data, data abstraction, and synthesis of evidence
- managing essential documentation including required data collection tools, training manuals, etc.
The student will have extensive expertise in quantitative analysis including use of software; specifically, STATA statistical packages. Must have excellent written and oral communication, interpersonal and cross-cultural competency; organizational skills and the ability to handle multiple tasks and complete work in time; library and online research skills; computer skills, including word processing, spreadsheets and presentation software, data entry programs and related research tools. Familiarity with mobile platforms for data collection (e.g. KoBo Toolbox) and data visualization tool (e.g. Tableau) is a plus.
If interested, please send CV to firstname.lastname@example.org with subject BIGRS RA position.