News & Events
We host quarterly seminars and annual symposia at the Johns Hopkins Bloomberg School of Public Health. Upcoming and recent events are listed below.
- Projahnmo In Bangladesh: A Partnership for Research, Policy & Implementation (May 17, 2023)
- Thriving Among Young Children Globally (September 18, 2023)
Browse previous media features below.
- The Maryland Maternal Health Innovation Program Grant Renewed with Johns Hopkins Bloomberg News- October 27, 2023
- Public Health in the Field: How Policy Can Help Solve The Black Maternal Health Crisis by Rachel Bervell- Public Health on Call Podcast - May 8, 2023
- The Rising Maternal Health Risks Facing American Women by Jamie Crow- HUB May 4, 2022
- Raising the Stakes to Advance Equity In Black Maternal Health by Michele Cohen Marill - Health Affairs March 2022
- Covid-19 Pandemic raised risk for pregnant women and their babies -The Straits Times April 1, 2021
- Johns Hopkins International Center for Maternal and Newborn Health Received Grant to Improve Newborn Outcomes in Bangladesh- Bloomberg News September 13, 2021
- MDMOM Program Launches a Severe Maternal Morbidity Surveillance and Review Program in Maryland - Bloomberg News August 5, 2020
- Saving Newborns Lives is Not Much Costly! - The Daily Star Nov 1, 2020
- Abdullah Baqui Receives Funds from the Bill & Melinda Gates Foundation to Identify Biological Markers that Predict the Risk of Preterm Birth - Bloomberg News March 25, 2019
- The New York Times on Simplified Antibiotic Use for Newborns Outside Hospitals by Donald G. McNeil, Jr — New York Times April 6, 2015
- Antibiotics could be used to safely treat infections in babies outside of hospitals by James McIntosh – Medical News Today – April 6, 2015
- Simplified Antibiotic Treatment Strategy Could Save Thousands of Babies by Jessica Berman – Voice of America – April 2, 2015
- Africa: Research Shows That Simple Treatments Can Help Save the Lives of Babies Who Lack Access to Hospital Care – AllAfrica – April 2, 2015
- Saving Newborn Lives -The Daily Star June 22, 2014
- Saving the World’s Babies Simply Starts Before Birth by Dana Farrington - NPR May 4, 2014
Want to learn more?
ICMNH experts are available for interviews on maternal and newborn health evidence, policy and practice.