- Psychology Today: Teaching Teens to Help Prevent Child Sexual Abuse
- Public Health on Call: Preventing child sexual abuse
- The Baltimore Sun: Prevention, healing and justice are all needed to address child sexual abuse
- The Johns Hopkins News-Letter: New education intervention fills knowledge gaps on child sexual assault
- The Baltimore Sun: Preventing child sexual abuse must be a priority
- Washington Post: We need to prevent child sex abuse, not just respond to it
- Economist Impact: Out of the Shadows
- Psychology Today: Put People First When Discussing Child Sexual Abuse
- Public News Service: Researchers Link Medicaid Expansion with Child-Neglect Reduction
- Psychology Today: What Medicaid Expansion Can Tell Us About Child Maltreatment
- Harvard Inquest: Prosecution, incarceration, and surveillance don’t stop child sexual abuse. But prevention can.
- Chronicle of Higher Education: An Unacceptable Idea
- NBC News: They're banned from Olympic sports. Why are they coaching children?
- HUB: Incarcerating child sexual abusers topped $5.4 billion in 2021 according to study
- Maine Public Radio: Child pornography cases are rising in Maine and nationally, but so is detection
- Psychology Today: Child Sex Abuse: We Need Prevention, Not Just Punishment
- Hopkins Bloomberg Public Health Magazine: Stopping Child Sexual Abuse Requires a Shift in Funding Priorities
- The Crime Report: U.S. Spends $5.4B Yearly on Incarcerating Adults for Sex Crimes Against Children
- The Hill: We're Still Not Spending Enough to Prevent Child Sexual Abuse
- Hopkins Bloomberg Public Health Magazine: The Harms of Placing Kids on Sex Offender Registries
- Psychology Today: Reframing Child Sex Abuse as a Preventable Public Health Issue
- Slate: Nine Year Olds Are Being Forced to Register as Sex Offenders. That Might Finally Change
- Psychology Today: Professor's Research Sparks Firestorm at Virginia College
- Washington Post Opinion: A Virginia college professor set off a firestorm about pedophilia
- Alliance Magazine: Putting A Stop To Child Sexual Abuse Before It Occurs
- U.S. News: Professor Who Wrote About Adults Attracted to Minors Resigns
- The Washington Post Opinion: Overreach at Old Dominion
- Johns Hopkins Bloomberg School of Public Health: "Spotlight Series" on advocacy and policy efforts to prevent child sexual abuse
- The Atlantic: The Worst Situation Imaginable for Family Violence
- The Globe and Mail: How will Covid-19 change our lives, our country, our cities, and our world?
- Psychology Today: Preventing Child Sexual Abuse during Covid-19
- Baltimore Sun: Reports of child abuse have fallen in Maryland since coronavirus shutdown, but experts say harm may be hidden.
- Statement: Moore Center Awarded Congressional Appropriations of $1M in New CDC Funding for Child Sexual Abuse Prevention Research
- Parents Should Take Advantage of School Break to Check-In With Their Children
- 90.5 WESA Pittsburgh (NPR): Pittsburgh diocese may have improved sex abuse prevention efforts, more work needs to be done
- Psychology Today: Outrage and disbelief: Sex abuse in the Catholic Church
- Daily Beast: Columbia University student fought against sexual violence—until he was charged with child sex crimes
- HealthDay: Tragedy of child sexual abuse takes financial toll, too
- Psychology Today: Crisis on the southern border: We're putting kids in danger
- Psychology Today: Victims of sexual abuse face a lifetime of costly problems
- Sports Illustrated: Prospect and pariah
- Press Release: One year's losses for child sexual abuse in U.S. top $9 billion, new study suggests
- Baltimore Sun: Women from "The Keepers" discuss experience at Baltimore conference on child sexual abuse prevention
- Johns Hopkins Magazine: When the abuser is a child, too
- Psychology Today: Will reporting laws in Michigan prevent child sexual abuse?
- Press Release: Child sexual abuse in U.S. costs up to $1.5 million per child death
- Juvenile Justice Information Exchange: Young sex offenders shouldn't have to register; It's ineffective and hurts everyone around them
- Press Release: Children on sex offender registries at greater risk for suicide attempts, study suggests
- Post-Crescent: Are Halloween restrictions on sex offenders useful or useless?
- QCOnline: Beware holiday that scares adults
- Post and Courier: Should minors convicted of certain sex crimes be required to register as offenders for life? S.C. supreme court rules yes as attorneys, researchers cast doubts
- CBS News: Childhood sex abuse could accelerate puberty in girls, study finds
- Psychology Today: Should children register as sex offenders?
- Sky News: Not all child abusers are monsters: experts
- 9News: Issues in dealing with children who abuse
- Psychology Today: Organizations must do more to prevent child sexual abuse
- The Huffington Post: 10 Take-aways from this year's TEDMED conference
- Psychology Today: Can programs like "Help Wanted" prevent child sexual abuse?
- MPR News (Minnesota Public Radio): Could Danny Heinrich scuttle ideas for reforming Minnesota's sex offender program?
- New York Post: Grown-ups’ new schemes to ruin Halloween
- Psychology Today: Prevention is possible! Exploring the public health approach
- Star Tribune: Counterpoint: After Jacob, work harder to prevent child sexual abuse
- Psychology Today: A different perspective for stopping child sexual abuse
- New York Times (Sunday Review): Punishment that doesn't fit the crime
- The Hill: Marking kids for life on sex offender registries
- Pacific Standard: What's the real rate of sex crime recidivism?
- Slate: What's wrong with the Brock Turner sentence?
- WYPR's Midday with Sheilah Kast: Reforming the sex offender registry
- Maryland Reporter: State roundup, May 12, 2016
- The New Yorker: The list
- Pacific Standard: Are we properly dealing with young sex offenders?
- Delaware Lawyer: A lifetime label: Juvenile sex offender registration
- Rising to Challenge: The campaign for Johns Hopkins: To serve and prevent
- Psychology Today: Sympathy for the deviant
- Stateline: States slowly scale back juvenile sex offender registries
- Reuters: Tide turns against U.S. residency restrictions on sex offenders
- Philly Voice: Tide turns against U.S. residency restrictions on sex offenders
- San Angelo Standard Times: States rethink sex crime files
- Fox 45 Baltimore: Ryan T. Shields is interviewed regarding a juvenile charged with assault
- Baltimore Sun: Study of Baltimore County: Fewer sex offenses reported in neighborhoods with more registered sex offenders
- Upworthy: A protective treatment program for pedophiles in Germany is raising some eyebrows
- Island Packet: Ex-Beaufort county teacher who molested 9 boys could soon be free
- Baltimore Business Journal: People on the Move - Stephen Moore, MD, MPH appointed to chair JHSPH health advisory board
- Washington Post: The Jared Fogel case: Why we understand so little about child sexual abuse
- Bend Bulletin: The Jared Fogel case: Why we understand so little about child sexual abuse
- Press Release: Johns Hopkins Bloomberg School of Public Health welcomes new health advisory board chair
- Newsweek: The hunt for child sex abusers is happening in the wrong places
- NPR's On Point with Tom Ashbrook: Secrets and realities of US child abuse
- Freakonomics Radio: Making sex offenders pay—and pay and pay and pay
- Observador (Portuguese newspaper): They distributed papers to warn you that I was a pedophile
- 10 Firsts in 10 Decades: Johns Hopkins Bloomberg School of Public Health
- Bloomberg Businessweek: Pennsylvania's juvenile sex offender registry is unconstitutional, state supreme court rules
- Vox.com: This woman is trying to stop sex offenders by helping them
- Chicago Bureau: Studies, experts question effect of placing children on sex offender registries
- Gainesville Daily Register: What to really be afraid of this Halloween
- Reason.com: Three ways parents are ruining Halloween
- Washington Post: John Grisham says sentencing for child porn offenders is too harsh.
- TIME Op Ed: We need to make it easier for pedophiles to seek help
- The Daily Dot: It's time to reconsider how we treat pedophiles
- ABC News: States fighting sex trafficking with decriminalization of prostitution for minors
- Matter Magazine: You’re 16. You’re a pedophile. You don’t want to hurt anyone. What do you do now?
- Child Sex Trafficking in the United States: Identifying Gaps and Research Priorities from a Public Health Perspective
- Jezebel: How do doctors help a self-identified pedophile?
- Politico panel on domestic sex trafficking with Dr. Elizabeth Letourneau, Cindy McCain and Malika Saada Saar
- Slate: XX Factor, Jennifer Bleyer: Why aren't we doing more to stop child pornography before it starts?
- All Sides with Ann Fisher: Discussion of sexual violence in our culture
- Slate, Jennifer Bleyer: How can we stop pedophiles? Stop treating them like monsters
- Johns Hopkins Bloomberg School of Public Health establishes center to prevent child sexual abuse