News and Events
Here you’ll find health IT articles and an events updates from the Johns Hopkins Center for Population Health IT
CPHIT News & Events
Upcoming CPHIT Events
Check back for upcoming CPHIT Events!
Past CPHIT Events
- Beyond The AI Buzz: Dr. Weiner presented at the Biomedical Informatics and Data Science Grand Rounds to discuss the reality of the pragmatic application of big data, advanced analytics, and AI to population health and social determinants of health. Watch HERE
- Dr. Weiner presented on the results of a major scientific study documenting the association of telehealth with outcomes of care will be presented. This research was partially supported by the ATA. The study followed a very large cohort of 40.7 million commercially insured adults across the US during the second half of 2021. See the video HERE and the original paper HERE.
- CPHIT team member, Elham Hatef, along with The Behavioral, Social, and Systems Science (BSSS) community at The Institute for Clinical and Translational Research (ICTR) held a virtual symposium on Friday, March 12, 2021, on assessing the quality, usability, and use cases of socio-behavioral determinants of health data captured in the Johns Hopkins Health System (JHHS) Electronic Health Record (EHR). The symposium will provide an opportunity to engage faculty, researchers, and clinicians across the Johns Hopkins community in assessing the value of socio-behavioral data in JHHS-EHR, and the challenges and opportunities to use such data in research, health system assessment and improvement, and clinical practice. You can view a recording of the event here!
- November 20, 2019; 3pm-5pm: Using Big Data to Combat the Opioid Epidemic: Linking Data from Across Health and Human Service Sectors to Identify Risk and Protective Factors for Marylanders. You can view a recorded version of this event here.
- Jonathan Weiner presented at MCOL's Eleventh Annual Care Analytics Web Summit in June 2019. He presented on a webinar in one of three sessions addressing key specific healthcare analytics topics and featuring expert national speakers on the topic of: Integrating Social Determinant of Health Data Into Population Health Analytics: A Proposed Framework and Suggested Road Map. See a video recording of the presentation.
- Jonathan Weiner and Hadi Kharrazi presented at Johns Hopkins School of Medicine Division of Health Sciences Informatics (DHSI) Grand Rounds on May 10th, 2019. They spoke about recent work and innovation at CPHIT in a presentation titled:The application of “Big Data” in support of population health: Recent advances from the JHU Center for Population Health IT (CPHIT). See the video presentation here!
- Jonathan Weiner and Hadi Kharrazi presented at Johns Hopkins School of Medicine Division of Health Sciences Informatics (DHSI) Grand Rounds. They spoke about recent work and innovation at CPHIT in a presentation titled: Integrating 'Big Data' to Advance Population Health: The first 5 years of the JHU Center for Population Health IT. See the video presentation here! (note: presentation starts at 2min 30sec)
Health IT in the News
More than $38 million in Grants Announced by the ONC - US Department of Health and Human Services press release
Health Exchange Digs into Data to up Enrollment - WYPR NPR News
Dr. Jonathan Weiner and Dr. Hadi Kharrazi served as guest editors for a special issue of eGEMS (Generating Evidence and Methods to improve patient outcomes). The new, open access, peer-reviewed journal is managed by AcademyHealth's Electronic Data Methods (EDM) Forum.
"Ebola Cases Put Focus on Health IT needs" - HealthcareIT news