NEW in 2023, the Writing Center offers Bloomberg School students enrolled in degree programs free, individual conferences on their writing with experienced tutors.
Writing Center tutors work with students on a range of scholarly writing assignments at any stage of the writing process. We can help you clarify your essay’s focus, develop a thesis, structure your argument, produce clear transitions, integrate sources, revise a draft, and develop editing techniques.
The Writing Center’s goal is to help students develop their own writing abilities and to become skilled readers of their own prose. We aim to provide student writers with resources, knowledge, and support to help produce and maintain good writing practices that they can continue to build throughout their professional careers.
Writing Center Quick Facts
The Writing Center works on:
- Research papers
- Master's theses and capstones
- Doctoral dissertations
- Personal statements for job and other applications
- Scientific reports
- Class assignments that require formal prose summary, explanation, analysis, interpretation, or argument
At this time, the Writing Center is not able to assist with:
- Resumes, CVs, or application cover letters
- Visual or multimedia works
- Technical writing, documentation, or software
- Test preparation (GRE, LSAT, MCAT, etc.)
The Bloomberg School Writing Center Pilot
Location: Varies by appointment
Appointments can be virtual or onsite (room is TBD)