Susan Sherman, PhD '00, MPH, brings harm reduction evidence to inform drug policy and programming in order to reduce overdose deaths and other harms to people who use drugs.
Experiences & Accomplishments
Honors & Awards
- Sherman, SG, Brantley, MR, Zelaya, C, Duong Q, Taylor RB, Ellen JM. The development of an HIV risk environment scale of exotic dance clubs. 2017. AIDS and Behavior 2017. [Epub ahead of print]). doi:10.1007/s10461-017-1749-y.
- Brantley MR, Kerrigan D, German D, Lim S, Sherman SG. Identifying patterns of social and economic hardship among structurally vulnerable women: A latent class analysis of HIV/STI risk. AIDS and Behavior 2017. [Epub ahead of print]
- Footer KH, Silberzahn BE, Tormohlen KN, Sherman SG. Policing practices as a structural determinant for HIV among sex workers: a systematic review of empirical findings. Journal of International AIDS Society. 2016 Jul 18; 19(4 Suppl 3): 20883. doi: 10.7448/IAS.19.4.20883.
- Cepada JA, Beletsky J, Sawyer A, Serio-Chapman C, Smelyanskaya M, Han J, Robinowitz N, Sherman SG. (2017). Occupational safety in the age of the opioid crisis: Needle stick injury among Baltimore police. Journal of Urban Health. 94(1): 100-103. 28105586.
- Sherman SG, Srikrishnan AK, Rivett KA, Liu SH, Solomon S, Celentano DD (2010). Acceptability of a microenterprise intervention among female sex workers in Chennai India. AIDS and Behavior. 14(3):649-657. PMID: 20352320.